Planning your meals for the upcoming work week? This dish is an easy and delicious make-ahead salad to take to school, work or any potluck gathering.
- 3 cups cooked brown basmati rice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil (omit for an oil-free dish)*
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 (14 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed (I use Eden beans)
- good handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup fresh organic corn kernels (frozen and thawed kernels work too)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- sea salt and tabasco sauce to taste
Place all of the above ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss to combine. Cover the salad and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Simple and so aromatic!
*More and more I am using less oil in my dishes and the outcome is just as delicious. If you are interested in reading more about olive oil and its use in recipes, I would like to direct you to a recent and excellent post by Paul at vegan food preparation.